General Facts About Pricing...
There are certain factors that are within our control and some factors beyond our control when it comes to setting the price. Those factors within our control are: the appearance of the property, how aggressively we market the property and the price. Factors outside our control are: location of property, size and local amenities. It's important to accept those factors that are beyond our control and focus on the pricing and preparation.
A property priced at market value will attract more buyers than a home priced above market value. Happy Homes recommend listing a price above recently sold comps but below comparable active listings. Consider that a competitively priced property will also attract a greater number of potential buyers and increase your opportunity for a quick sale.
Preparing Your Home
The condition of your home's exterior is most important when it comes to buyer appeal.
- House number should be easy to read
- Timers on lights to ensure house is lit up after sunset
- Eaves troughs, and down spouts in good repair
- Garage/carport clean and tidy
- Litter picked up
- Cracked or broken window panes replaced
- Doorbell and door hardware in good repair
- Touch up trim paint on doors, window frames, fascia, etc.
- Mow, edge and weed the lawn frequently until th e home is sold
- Overgrown shrubbery should be cut back to show as much of the exterior as possible
- A low-cost investment in seasonal flowers or ground cover will add a personal touch
- Inspect the roof for necessary repairs and any visible broken shingles or tiles
- Stucco water stains can be repaired using a mild bleaching agent
- Fences should be mended and painted
- Wash all windows inside and outside
The interior condition of home should be warm and welcoming!
- Lights should be on and drapes should be left open during daylight
- Heat set at a comfortable temperature
- Fresh flowers/plants in various rooms
- Chipped plaster and paint touched up and repaired
- Doors and cupboards properly closed
- Leaky taps and toilets repaired
- Burned out light bulbs replaced
- Squeaky doors oiled
- Mirrors, fixtures, and taps cleaned and polished
- Seals around tubs and basins in good repair
- Floors cleaned, garbage containers emptied
- Inside of closets and cupboards neat and tidy
- Valuable property, out of reach, out of sight, or locked away
- Pets absent, where possible, or contained during showings
- All torn screens should be repaired or replaced
- Avoid repainting the entire house unless current colors are very loud or offbeat
- White or light pastels are the easiest to work with and they make your rooms look larger
- Fireplace lit in cooler weather
- Air conditioner turned on in warm weather
- Countertops neat and polished
- Appliances cleaned
Please answer the following questions to provide an accurate market value of your home. We will contact you once your free customized CMA is ready! Our goal is to maximize your sell price and reduce the cost of selling your home.
ASK FOR YOUR FREE HOME VALUE ANALYSIS